Now, years later I'm starting to regret it. There seem to be lots of Jakes out there and they keep using my email address.
It's been manageable up until today when I was forwarded some dirty cell phone pics obviously meant for someone else's Jake. I'm ready for a firstname.lastname@example.org so I don't get drive by emailed any more.
Here are some other examples of emails I've received:
- Some random dudes vacation photos, on two separate occasions.
- Paypal Signup - I was only momentarily tempted to make a purchase. I stopped getting these so I suppose the account owner realized their email mistake.
- Adult Friend Finder - I had to go deactivate that one, I didn't want any more of those.
- YouMail - a voice mail service, BTW, Jake...your coach left you a message. I logged in and changed the email address on that one, it accepted email@example.com. Don't you love it when they send your temporary password in an email!
- Wine Dog - I'm just filtering this one until I decide to become an alcoholic.
- And finally, I, a guy without a cellphone, got sexted. I guess you could say that's the nipple that broke the camel's back.
P.S. Teenagers -- If you don't want your dirty pictures posted all over the Internet for the whole world to see DON'T TAKE THEM!