I'm also pleased to announce that Tarkheena has graciously provided hosting for the SWFUpload R5 demos and downloads.
And a final thanks to Lars and the SWFUpload team. They have created a great upload control and it's been great expanding on their work.
SWFUpload R5 New Features and Changes
- Tested and Fixed the automatic cookie passing feature. It works now.
- Switched to PHP for the demo format.
- Switched from Flash Studio 8 to FlashDevelop. This is an Open Source Flash IDE that works great. I seem to have been able to work around the bugs found when SWFUpload v1.0.2 moved to FlashDevelop. This move allows anyone to modify the SWF file. Not just people who can afford Adobe's Flash Studio.
- Greatly improved the callback system. You no longer pass in a string with the function name to the settings. Now you pass in the actual Function reference. This gets rid of the flashReady_callback handler, which always felt wrong, and makes more advanced things possible with multiple instances. This also allow the this object to refer to the SWFUpload instance inside the Event Handlers.
- Renamed just about everything to make the settings and functions more consistent and clear. Replaced the -XX error codes with names and other such niceties.
- File Selecting is now subject to the FileUploadLimit. E.g., if the upload limit is 10 and the user attempts to queue 11 files then an error is thrown. Or if the file has queued 10 files and attempts to queue 1 more then an error is thrown.
- Returns a sensible error when Zero Byte files are uploaded.
- You can change the UploadTargetURL at anytime using the SetUploadTargetURL function.
- Improved the encoding of strings.
You can try out the demos and download the source at http://swfupload.praxion.co.za/index.php
Please note: there is a 2MB upload limit on this server regardless of what SWFUpload allows. I'll see if I can get this fixed soon