- Zero file size limit fixed to mean unlimited
- Default flash width/height set to 1px to work better in Linux (also default color set to #FFFFFF since it is visible in Linux.
Alright. I've completed another overhaul and feature creep cycle in the SWFUpload Revisions. I'm going to have to take a break for awhile. It's time to get back to work (real work I mean).
Revision 5.2 includes updates to several features, improves the internal processing of the files and takes care of some bugs that I missed because of insufficient testing.
- Out of Order file uploads now possible.
- Dynamic modification of cookie and custom parameters (fixed so cookies aren't wiped out when updating other settings).
- Added a Queue Limit. E.g. Use if you only want users to queue and upload one file at a time you can set the queue limit to 1.
- Added a QueueStopped event (change from throwing a FileQueued event when the upload was stopped).
- Fixed the various limits so setting them to zero means unlimited.
- Created a "Features" demo that lets you tweak (almost) all the settings in SWFUpload R5.2 and test it without having to fiddle in the code.
- ActionScript modifications:
- Changed from using an ever growing array to track each queued file to a FIFO queue. This simplifies the code in a lot of ways.
- Wrapped the FileReference object in a custom FileItem object which allows per file parameters and better abstraction.
The Revisions website has been update: http://swfupload.praxion.co.za/index.php
Another big thanks to Tarkheena for providing the great hosting!
There was a report that SWFUpload R5 (and probably R5.2) does not work under Firefox 1.5 in Linux. I plan to test and hopefully fix this soon.
I can create a browser crash in both IE and Firefox on Windows XP SP2. While I have the File Dialog open, I force a page change (reload or move to a different url). I happened on this when I was using <input type="submit" onclick="suo.Browse()">. The File Dialog would open but then the form would submit and change pages. The browser would crash as soon as I clicked Open or Cancel.