A couple issues were found in Revision 6. The major one was another race condition that could occur in IE6. Hopefully these race condition bugs have finally been squashed. A few other issues were found but were not noticeable since they kind of canceled each other out.
I've posted updated Demos and Source code. I'm not updating the version number so if you downloaded a copy before today I recommend that you download the updated copy.
SWFUpload Revision 6 Release
I am pleased to announce the release of Revision 6 of SWFUpload. This version has been moved forward to ActionScript 3.0 and Flash Player 9 which gives us some power features what everyone has been waiting for.
- Code moved to ActionScript 3.0.
- Flash Player 9 required.
- Added ability to send custom POST values.
- Added a fileValidation event that allows each file to be validated before upload.
- The fileComplete event receives the output from the server.
- File type (extension) is checked again in code since the file browser can be bypassed.
- The file post variable name (aka Filedata) can now be changed.
- Fixed a bug caused by canceling single files.
- Removed the cookie sending feature. The post_params setting can be used.
- Removed query_params. Use post_params instead.
- Fixed another race condition that could prevent SWFUpload from loading on a page refresh.
- Updated PHP and ASP.Net demos.
My next project is to produce documentation for SWFUpload. I don't plan any new features (unless Flash Player 10 fixes/adds cool features) except bug fixes.
Don't forget to show your support to the original SWFUpload developers. We're grateful for their innovation and hard work