Revision 7 beta 2
SWFUpload Revision 7.0 beta 2 is out!. I even updated the demos this time. It's all posted at the usual place: http://swfupload.praxion.co.za/. Many thanks again to our Host!
Don't forget to visit the Official SWFUpload site to show your support and to get some support.
There is a bug in Flash Player that affects SWFUpload severely. It is more apparent in R7 because of the change in the Event design. I really like the new event design so I'm working hard to keep it. I'm not sure that this version is stable or how compatible it is with browsers on different operating systems. So it'll be Beta for a little while.
Changes in R7b2 from R7b1
- I moved the ERROR_CODE_* constants in to "sub" objects so it's more clear what group the error belongs to (queue errors/upload errors). I changed all the error code numbers too. You didn't use any magic numbers, right?
- Added the UPLOAD_STOPPED upload error which can supplement for an uploadStopped event.
- Updated Flash calls and event calls with setTimeout to avoid limitations in Flash's ExternalInterface api. Stupid Flash. I haven't had any problems but watch out for concurrency and execution order issues.
- Added a customSettings object to the SWFUpload instance so you can just set your own variables on an instance rather than using addSetting and getSetting (you can still use addSetting/getSetting if you want).
- Changed the FILE_NOT_FOUND error code to FILE_ID_NOT_FOUND which is more precise.
- Changed the parameter order on some events so the file object is always first in an effort to be more consistent.
- Setting the file_post_name does not seem to work in the Linux Flash Player. It's an unnecessary feature anyway so don't use it unless you really have to (and you shouldn't have to). Thanks to Shadow Walker for the Linux bug reports.
- You have to return something from your upload_url script or uploadComplete will never be called and your uploads will hang. I sometimes call echo ' ';
If anyone wants to write up some HTML format docs that'd be great. Otherwise I'll get to it eventually. In the meanwhile it's a good idea to skim through all the SWFUpload posts (the really old ones are still relevant). I've tried to include lots of comments in the code and between all the demos you can see how to do just about everything. Still, some docs would be nice.