The R7 beta will be available at http://swfupload.praxion.co.za/
The API has change significantly for R7 (that's why is R7 and not R65). You won't be able to drop this in over SWFUpload v1.0.2 or any of the other Revisions.
Several pieces of functionality will appear to have been removed from this version. Almost everything that has been removed is still doable using the new events. There are comments in the code that explain some things and once the demos are complete hopefully you will be able to see how everything works.
- Removed the settings: begin_upload_on_queue, validate_files, and use_server_data_event.
- Changed the setting: upload_target_url to upload_url.
- The events called are as follows and are listed in their approximate order:
- fileDialogStart: Called from Flash immediately before the File Dialog is displayed.
- fileQueued: Called once for each file that is added to the queue.
- fileQueueError: Called once for each file that fails to be added to the queue.
- fileDialogComplete: Called after all selected files have been processed.
- uploadStart: Called for each file in the queue immediately before it is uploaded. Return true to continue the upload. Return false to skip the upload.
- uploadProgress: Called periodically to provide upload status for the current file.
- uploadError: Called when an error occurs on an upload or if an upload is cancelled.
- uploadComplete: Called when an upload finishes successfully.
- fileComplete: Called after an upload and SWFUpload is ready to allow another upload to begin. This is called even if an upload is cancelled or has an error.
- Removed the queueComplete event and the cancelQueue command.
- Enhanced the cancelUpload command so if it is not passed a File ID then the current upload or first file in the queue is cancelled.
- File cancelling behavior has changed. If an in-progress upload is cancelled the uploadError event is fired and the fileComplete event is fired. If the file is not currently uploading then only the uploadError event is called.
- Added a GetStats command. This returns an object that contains the number of successful uploads, the number of files remaining in the queue (excluding the current upload, if any), the number of queue errors and the number of upload errors.
- Added a file_status property to the File Object.
- Added a single file browser. This allows the user to only select a single file for upload.